Products - Mills
Stabil Drill provides the toughest mills for the toughest jobs, whether to grind, cut or sweep away stuck objects.
Stabil Drill mills are manufactured from AISI 4145H heat-treated steel and hardfaced with tungsten carbide particles for super penetration rates and fewer round trips.
Each configuration of milling tool exposes the maximum milling surface to the fish, has maximum replacement of milling edges as wear progresses, and allows maximum circulation to flush away cuttings. All mills, with the exception of the tapered and watermelon, are made with wear pads to protect the casing and maintain stability during milling operations.
Stabil Drill's experienced downhole advisor can help you choose the best mill for the job from among the following:
- Piranha -- For milling cemented pipe and excessive junk in hole. Deep "V" for maximum circulation of fluid and to hold a large amount of tungsten carbide dressing. Size: 3 1/2"-8 3/4".
- Deep Throat Cement -- For milling cement where small amounts of contamination exist. Designed for maximum circulation and cutting speed. Size: 3 1/2"-8 3/4".
- Watermelon or String -- For milling through collapsed casing and liners. Tapered top and bottom for reaming up and down. Connection on the bottom allows stinger to be run. Often run piggyback with long tapered mill as pilot. Sizes: 3 1/2"- 12 1/4".
- Long-Tapered -- For reaming out casing, liners, whipstock windows and other restrictions. Sizes: 3 1/2"-12 1/4".
- Concave Cone Buster -- For milling bit cones or other objects where keeping the fish centered under the mill is imperative.